Friday, June 27, 2008

God Bless

Photobucket My Marine Boy called me this morning. It was so good to hear from him! I don't know where in the world he is, so it's comforting to hear his voice. He seemed tired. He said he's having a hard time sleeping. He's been working an overnight shift, then doing training and working out. He's had little time for sleep. He's no longer working that night shift, but he is having a very hard time adjusting.

I am bothered by a comment he made. He asked if anyone has asked about him. He's not getting mail from anyone other than us and his one grandma. My son, who has given up years of his young adult life, doesn't know if anyone cares about him. It isn't right, and it breaks my heart. I have given his address to all members of the family. No one takes the time to write. I wonder how many of our service men and women are feeling the same thing. No one cares. No one cares enough to let them know.

One week from today we will celebrate the birth of our country. Patriotism will run high. For one day. I am asking you to remember those that not only gave their life for our freedom, but those who are still serving. There are many programs to send a package, or a letter to a soldier who needs it. There is no excuse to not support these brave souls who care. I know there is much debate about this war and whether it's right or wrong. It doesn't matter. The people serving matter. Please let them know you appreciate it.

God Bless America. God Bless the Service Men and Women. God Bless My Son.

tag by chatterbug graphics

No comments: