Sunday, September 21, 2008

Muscle Man

Photobucket

I have an island in my front yard. In the island I had four spreading rose bushes and two quaking aspen trees. I loved my trees. We planted them four years ago, when they were mere sticks. I've watched them grow into beautiful trees since then. Sadly, this summer we had those nasty Borer beetles and they killed my trees. We tried everything we could to save them, but they finally died. The rose bushes also died. I'm not sure why.

Daddy-O and I took a drive to the local nursery to find a tree to replace my aspens. Happily we found all their trees on sale! After much discussion, we decided on a Flamingo Box Elder. Yea! I was really happy with our choice.

Gus offered to clean out the island so of course, I accepted. I never dreamed he would pull out the trees too. I thought he'd clean the weeds and the rose bushes. I surprised when I looked over and saw this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Way to go Muscle Man! I guess all that Physical Training with the Marine's is starting to work!

Maybe next time, you could put the tools away when you're finished...

Mood: Happy! On Tv: The Emmy's
Tag by me

2 comments:

Ryan and Mistie Gillespie said...

Holy cow! Muscle man is right!! I NEVER would have guessed that to be him in the pics if you hadn't said it was him. Babbling. . . shocked. I guess he is forever in my mind the little dude out in the dirt while the guys played with ( mean launched)their rockets.

PJ said...

I am stronger. HA HA HA. I could have pulled them out with my pinky finger. Looks better, can't wait to get home to see it. But first I have two more places to stop. Hey Ryan and Mistie, thank you for the letter earlier this deployment. OOH RAH Semper Fi.