Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Perfect Morning

PhotobucketMy morning started perfectly. Well, after it didn't start so great, it was perfect. I should explain.

I was awakened by the sound a barking dog. It was 6:45 and I was not amused. I was even less amused when I realized the barking dog was mine. Daddy-O was up, getting ready for work and didn't seem to mind the constant, annoying yap of our sweet pup. However, I realized if it was making me so angry, the neighbors must be steaming. I jumped out of bed, threw on my robe and ran outside. That little dog didn't see me coming, the poor dear. I yanked her chain. Literally. And put her in the house! I immediately headed back to my bed. I heard Daddy-O leave just as the stupid phone rang. I checked the caller id and it looked like a telemarketer. Rather than listen to it ring and ring, I answered it. Then, I instantly hung it up. I closed my eyes with a smirk on my lips. I was headed to dreamland. Ah. Well, it was short lived. Within seconds the phone rang again. The same number on the caller id!! I was more than annoyed now. I decided to answer it. But not say anything. I have no clue why I thought that would be a good idea. But it was.

I waited a second. Silence. Then I hear "hello? hello?" It was my boy!! My Marine Boy was calling home. Oh I felt so bad that Daddy-O missed it. He has missed every call Marine Boy has made since going on deployment. But I got over that really fast when I realized I had him all to myself!!

Marine Boy is doing good. He kept telling me he's ready to come home. I imagine all the guys and girls feel that way. But it's close. So close!! He told me stories of what is happening where he is. He wanted to know what was happening at home. And has anyone asked about him. And then it was over. I was sad, but oh so happy! I forgot to mention Gus got to talk to him too. They've never been close, so it makes my heart soar when I hear them laugh together. I think as they get older, and share experiences in the military, and life, they will become close. It's my prayer. And my dream.

rags tag by Alska's Abode

No comments: