Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bored

Photobucket

All I seem to do anymore is clean and cook. It doesn't matter how many times I clean, I have to do it again the next day. The same is true for cooking. I'm pretty sure I didn't know this was how it was going to be when I signed up to be a girl. I was tricked!

I need some excitement in my life. I'm not talking about a trip to Vegas or a steamy affair with the mailman. Yuck, by the way. All I'm asking for is an unexpected package in the mail . . . for an old friend to stop by . . . or to win a blog giveaway. Is that really asking so much??

When I get in a rut, like I am right now, I like to bake. It calms my nerves and the raw doughs and batters seem to chase the blues away. Yesterday, I baked a cake and it really did brighten my day.

Maybe you feel the same as I do. Maybe the dog barks too much, or the laundry is piled high. Or maybe, the kids won't stop whining. Do what I do! Bake a cake. It will chase the gloomies away!

Pumpkin Cake

1 yellow cake mix
2 eggs
3/4 cup water
1 sm can pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves

Dump in a bowl and blend 4 minutes.
Bake in a greased, floured 9x13 inch pan
350 degrees time indicated on cake mix

Frosting

8 oz cool whip
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup brown sugar
Whip cream adding brown sugar. Fold in cool whip.

Refrigerate cake.

Tag by Tender Teddy Tags

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Baking is the best way I know to relax. During tax season, I bake so many things they often don't get eaten. But even when I have to waste food, I figure it is cheaper than therapy!