Friday, November 14, 2008

Daddy-O

Photobucket When we were first dating, Daddy-O and I were on the mountain, cutting wood for my family. I was listening to him brag on and on about the things he could do and it was getting on my nerves. So I finally said, in my most sarcastic voice, " Wow. You can do everything!". To which he responded, with a proud smile on his face, " Oh. You noticed that." I was annoyed.

Somehow we managed to work through his extreme love for himself and my extreme sarcasm and get married. Lucky for him. And for me too. Daddy-O has been a great match for me.

Life hasn't always been easy for us. We've been handed many a trial and we've always managed to come through them. Sometimes with grace and sadly, sometimes not. But my man is always there by my side no matter what. He is my hero.

But it's not just me here's there for. If his mother needs him, he's there. If his brother needs him he's there. If a stranger is in need, he swoops in and saves the day.

One afternoon last summer, Daddy-O and I finally had some time together. We got into the car and thought we'd take a long drive to enjoy each others company. His phone rang. When he answered, his cousin who was just moving to town asked if he could come by sometime that day and help him move a heavy dresser into his new home. "No problem" Daddy-O said. A few minutes later, the phone rang again. This time it was his brother who needed him right away as he needed help installing a new dryer. His wife had a load of wet clothes that needed to be dried immediately. Daddy-O looked at me and said "I'm sorry. I'm needed. " To which I replied " That's fine. Can we just stop by the cleaners on the way?."

Daddy-O looked puzzled. I finished, " I took your Mr Incredible suit in to be cleaned. I was going to pick it up Monday but I think you're going to need it today. " (I told you I was sarcastic)

Daddy-O stopped the car, then laughed. He got the message. He called his brother and his cousin, then we spent the rest of the day together.

And from that day forward, Daddy-O has been known as Mr Incredible to me.

(If you know him in real life, you'll know he looks exactly like the cartoon, doesn't he? LOL)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Ryan and Mistie said...

Hey Lady! How goes things? You've got yourself one great guy - - - and he is so darn lucky to have you, too!! We love and miss you guys!