Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm Cooking The Turkey

Thanksgiving is only two days away, and I'm happy to say I am cool as a cucumber. No stress here. In my last post I was a wreck, worrying about how to put a meal together for my guests. It was wasted energy.

Everything has changed. I am no longer hosting the Thanksgiving meal at my house. Our guests said they would be 'more comfortable' at their house. I was also assigned what dishes I would be allowed to make. I am no longer preparing the whole meal. I have to say, I'm disappointed. I was really looking forward to being a grown up.

What I am not disappointed about, however, is I no longer have to worry about how clean my house is. My level of comfort and what I want for my guests are different things, so when I am expecting company I worry. I am told my house is clean but I'm sure you understand that I see things that they don't. Unless they're looking for all of my imperfections, and there are many of them. So I suppose when I'm being told my house is clean, they're just being polite. I'll take that. Ignorance is bliss, after all.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope you eat too much and never regret it. I hope you're with people you love and who love you. I hope you're safe. And I hope you have much to be thankful for.
Photobucket

Tag by Kimmicat Kreations

1 comment:

Ryan and Mistie said...

JANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No words!!