Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Raindrops on Roses

Photobucket

For some reason the Sound of Music song, My Favorite Things, has been running through my head all day. It's made me think of things I love and couldn't live without, like the Internet. Or socks. I also love cold weather... but I don't think that's a thing. Does it matter?? It's a favorite.

I am thinking therapy would get this tune out of my brain. My therapy of choice is to list some of my favorite things here. I am thinking that would cause my head to think up some other tune to torture me with. Ninety nine bottle of beer on the wall, perhaps?

Favorite thing number one:
Photobucket

Cracker Barrel Carrot Cake. Oh my gosh. Have you tried it? I had it last year and I'm still thinking about it. It's seasonal so it's only available in the fall and maybe winter. We don't have a Cracker Barrel in our town, so when I make it to the 'big city' it's where I eat. I also love their little store. I always have to buy a small something from there. Always.

Favorite thing number two:
Photobucket

Victoria's Secret Garden Collection. This stuff is necessary for me. It's moisturizing and it smells wonderful all day. Daddy-O nuzzles my neck when he comes home in the evening and darned near every day he will tell me I smell good. I think he forgets to tell me sometimes because I know I smell great every single day. Thank you VS!

Favorite thing number three:
Photobucket

My DVR. I am a televisionholic. That is why I believe this machine is the greatest invention ever! It's greater than the telephone, the automobile and even sliced bread. I can watch twice as much television as I used to. Amazing. I no longer have to choose between two shows I really want to see. And because we have two DVR's in the house the possibilities are endless. I know. We need to get a real life.

Favorite thing number four:
Photobucket

My Wolfgang Puck enameled cast iron dutch oven. I love Wolfgang Puck products. I have a set of his pans and wouldn't trade them for any other brand. But the dutch oven is my favorite kitchen tool. I use it all the time. It cooks nicely and cleans up easily. I think I am going to have to invest in more cast iron. I truly believe food tastes better when it's been cooked in one of these pans. FYI, I got my dutch oven from Home Shopping Network. Because I not only watch a lot of television I also do my shopping there.

Of course, I have lots more favorites. But I shall not bore you any longer. Now run along. As for me, I'm off to sing about bottles of beer.


Edit: I forgot it was Veterans Day. I just want to express my thanks to all those who are fighting, or have fought for our freedoms. I hope that none of us will take your sacrifice for granted.


Photobucket

It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you. ~Dick Cheney

Tag from Alska's Abode

1 comment:

Ryan and Mistie said...

The DVR . . . it changed my entire sense of reality!

You almost start to think you can 'rewind' anything! Didn't get a good enough look at a car driving past your house . . . instinct is to rewind now. Sick, very sick! LOL