Thursday, December 11, 2008

He Is Still Smiling

Something big happened to one of the boys this week. Marine Boy bought his first vehicle! We had been planning it for almost a year. Marine Boy thought he could walk onto the lot and choose whatever his heart desired. And I tried to teach him reality. Even Tuesday morning, as we were driving to Daddy-O's dealership, Marine Boy and I were disagreeing about what he could afford. Happily, he finally agreed to look at the used vehicles first and then we would go from there. I didn't want to ruin the experience for him, so I kept my mouth shut and said a silent prayer.

Amazingly, Marine Boy saw a used truck and fell in love. We never made it to the new car lot. He was sold. Daddy-O pulled some strings and then the price was right. Marine Boy and I were both thrilled!

The truck is not without problems. Daddy-O and Marine Boy will be able to fix most of them before Marine Boy leaves. I feel so much better knowing my son will have his own vehicle. He hates having to ask others when he needs a ride. I feel good knowing he chose a truck that will keep him safe while he's driving, and won't break his budget.

Photobucket

Notice the bar is bent. It doesn't seem to bother my boy.

Photobucket

You can't see it here, but there is a hole in the roof where a spotlight used to be. It's one of the things that needs to be fixed. This truck has all the goodies: heated leather seats, 6 disc CD changer, and on and on.

Photobucket

Marine Boy putting on the temporary license plate.


No comments: