Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Opinion About The Economy



I think we all know the economy is weak. Every day the news is filled with stories of failing banks, massive bailouts, lay-offs and bad numbers. It's gotten to the point where this news freak isn't watching the news anymore. It's just too depressing.

Daddy-O works for a car dealership. You can imagine what that means for us. It's bleak. We have been blessed and so we should be okay through this crisis. I know there are millions more who are worse off than we are right now. My heart aches for them. Please know, if you're struggling because of the financial situation of the country, you are in my prayers.

I have to get something off my chest. It seems to me, the news is making all of this worse. Of course, we need to be informed. I want that. But, having too many opinions and analysts are contributing to the problem. We are practically being scared into staying in our homes and hiding! It makes me so mad!

This is my opinion. We still need to do the things we did before all of this happened to us. Daddy-O and I cannot afford to eat as many meals out as we did before. But we still make a point of getting a pizza, or going to a movie each week. We still try to keep our money out there. We are saving more. We have to. We don't know if we will have a paycheck coming. However, we realize our city counts on us. We need to support the businesses we've always supported. We can't spend to the degree we once did, but we want to contribute.

I really believe if we all help each other, we can all get through this.

tag by By Night Pixels

1 comment:

Mistie said...

[clapping] Well said, Jane!