Saturday, February 28, 2009

No Spend Challenge Results

Hello. I have been missing from my blog for the past two weeks. I have a good reason, however. I've been ill. When I get ill, I do it all the way! I am finally starting to feel better though. Yea.

It's the last day of the month, and also the last day of the No Spend Challenge. I made a goal, with Daddy-O to not spend any unnecessary money this month. I had planned to track every cent spent to see where our money is going. We were also going to plan each and every meal to cut down on grocery store runs. The result? We failed. Miserably.

Because I was so ill, I was unable to cook. Daddy-O is gone 12 hours a day and is exhausted when he gets home. He also has obligations most nights. As a result, we had take out for dinner almost every night. My mom also brought us a homemade meal. Thanks mom.

In our defense, we spent very little on the food we bought. We used coupons, specials and the dollar menu. We stayed well within our allotted grocery budget. I'm very proud of that, even if the nutritional values were low.

I was still able to track our money spent. I don't know how useful the tracking is, however, as we spent far more on take out than we normally would. I am still interested in our spending habits, so I plan to keep tracking for the next month or two. I want to see how we are doing.

Overall, this has been a good experience. Even though we didn't meet our goals, just participating made us aware of each and every dollar we were spending. That alone has helped.

1 comment:

Nifty Nique said...

I just heard a great quote (left on my blog cause I failed a cleansing diet). "Just because you failed at something yesterday is no indication that you will not have victory today". Awarenes is a great first step.