Friday, April 24, 2009

Let Me Eat Cake!

A couple years ago, as I was driving down Main Street in the town where I live, I saw a car with a vanity plate. The plate said " ILVECKE". I'm not positive, but I think it said, "I love cake." Right?

Well, I fell in love with those plates, because no one loves cake more than I do. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner every single day of the year! I love all flavors, fillings and frostings. It doesn't matter if the cake is single layer, double layer, triple layer or even cupcake. I love them all.

Forgive me for bragging when I say, I can make a pretty mean cake. Moistness is my game. However, decorating? Not so much. I stink at that part of the process. I leave that to the professionals. You know. The amazingly talented artists that create cakes like this one.

Photobucket

It looks too good to eat, right? Wrong! Let me at it!

I guess after all this chatter about cake, you won't be surprised to know I love the Challenge's on Food Network! Especially, I love the cake challenges.

There is a lot of love in this post. It's just the way I am. I love.

I recently discovered Food Network's Challenge: Last Cake Standing. Have you been watching? It is their first ever elimination style challenge. Six Challenge all-stars are competing for a top prize of $50,000! For four wonderful weeks, we are lucky enough to watch the all-stars create, cry and rejoice in their cake decorating tests. They are friends and enemies of each other and the judges. It's pure pleasure, I tell you.

The finale is this coming Sunday. All the cool people will be watching.

2 comments:

mistie said...

I definitely DVR the CHALLENGE on Food Network. Fun stuff!

mistie said...

Hey - thanks for the encouragement on mothering. I do love them and their antics .... :)

You know - I could drive my NOW-randomly HONKING-steering wheel full of coins car down the road ... we could have a girls date (remember going to a chick-flick while the guys did something equally as manly) and I could bribe you hubby to finagle the coins from my car. :O)
Oh, it would be so fun!
Maybe sometime this summer ... but sans the coins. ;) I can't wait that long. LOL People think I am a crazy person with my horn!