Monday, April 27, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Photobucket

I am not in the mood to cook this week, so I guess we'll have cereal every night. I wish!

I wasn't going to make a menu plan this week but decided this morning I'd better, or we really will be eating cereal or tuna fish sandwiches every night. I'd be fine with that, but I doubt Gus and Daddy-O would be.

Monday:
Easy Chile Relleno Casserole
Green Salad

Tuesday:
Fish Sticks
French Fries
Steamed Vegetable

Wednesday:
Chicken Nuggets
Rice Pilaf
Steamed Vegetable

Thursday:
(For the third week in a row, because we have yet to make this meal):
Flat Iron Steak
Twice Baked Potatoes
Deviled Eggs
Steamed Vegetable

Friday:
Teriyaki Chicken
Fried Rice

Saturday:
Pizza

Sunday:
Daddy-O cooks, so he chooses what to fix.

Teriyaki Chicken
Equal amounts of soy sauce and sugar
Chicken pieces

I mix the soy sauce and sugar together, then pour over the chicken. Bake at 350° for an hour, basting every ten minutes.

For one whole cut up chicken, I use 1 cup soy sauce and one cup sugar. I'm sure you could use less sugar. I use the whole cup because it produces a wonderful glaze on the chicken.

For more menu ideas be sure to visit Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

2 comments:

CarolinaDreamz said...

Oooh, That soup looks wonderful! I'm only cooking three soups, this week. IF they don't rebel, too much, I'll try this one, next week.

I'm Heidi. I'm a Cali mom tranplanted to the LowCountry, South Carolina. I popped in via the Menu Carnival. :)

Nifty Nique said...

I'm with you. I didn't make a list and have no clue what to make. I think D will be on his own this week!