Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Break

Daddy-O has been gone for three days. He went with his brother to visit their grandpa. I'm so happy he was able to go, but I've really missed him. He is my lifeline.

It is spring break at Gus's school. He is a whole different child when he doesn't have to go to school. He even smiles! And he answers my questions with real words rather than the usual grunt. It's been fun to be with him this week.

Because it's spring break, I've hardly seen my son. He has been spending most of his time with friends. With Daddy-O out of town, that has left me alone. Sometimes I like being by myself, but this time I didn't. I had nothing to occupy my time. Or my head. I really need to start a hobby again. Or make some friends. I need a life beyond being mom... I know. I'm whining again. Sorry.

There have been a few happy moments. Yesterday Gus came home hungry and convinced me to drive him to Taco Bell. While we were at the window, waiting for his food, I looked over at him and saw the longest whisker I have ever seen stuck to his chin. I swear that thing is at least a half inch! When I mentioned it to him, he said he knew it was there. He gets comments about it every day. But he's saving it because it's the only hair he has grown for a beard. My poor boys are hairless. Just like their mom and dad. It made me laugh. I asked if I could take a picture for my blog. He declined.

Another happy moment was when I visited Hulu. I have had this website bookmarked for quite a while, but never felt the need to explore it. Do you remember this post when I spoke of my new favorite television program? It hasn't been on the past couple of weeks. I thought it was due to the usual crummy programming in the spring. All the good shows have been playing reruns and I assumed The Chopping Block would be back. I investigated and found it has been canceled! I realize it wasn't the most popular program but I don't think it's fair they left what viewers they did have, hanging! Anyway, I found the new episodes here. I was able to catch up and am hoping I will be able to see the remaining episodes in weeks to come. I love you Hulu.

So there you have it. The past few days in my life. I sure hope it gets better from here. For your sake and mine.

No comments: