Thursday, May 7, 2009

Play Days And Oprah

I'd like to tell you I haven't posted this week because I've been so busy. But I haven't. This has been a week of play days for me. It's been more than wonderful. Sometimes, don't you just feel the need for a break?

Tuesday was great. I spent the day in St. George, which is about a 45 minute drive from where I live. It's also where Daddy-O works. I drove down to have lunch with him and do a little shopping. I can honestly say, it's one of the best days I've had in a very long time. I came home feeling refreshed and ready to get back into my routine.

When I woke up yesterday, I knew I didn't want to clean. I wanted another play day. So I told another lie to my Aunt and played, I did. I didn't even fix dinner. Daddy-O and I decided chicken sounded good, so off we went to Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Holy Cow. We couldn't believe our eyes when we drove up to the restaurant. Every single parking place was full. The restaurant was filled to capacity. We looked across the street to the Taco Bell and there was a single car in their parking lot. Then we looked at the Arby's. They had two cars in the parking lot and one in the drive through. What was going on?

We decided not to leave. The chicken is always fresher when it's busy. Right? We chose to drive through. When we got to the window D-O asked the girl why they were so busy. Her reply, "Oh. It's because of Oprah." With some prying Daddy-O was able to get more information out of her concerning the Oprah coupons. Had you heard about this?

Evidently, Oprah is feeding America. She has offered coupons for a free lunch (or dinner. Whatever.) The coupon is good for two pieces of grilled chicken, two individual sides and a biscuit. That's a good deal.

When we got home, of course I got on the computer to check it all out. I was able to download and print three coupons for the free meal. Yea. I was bummed, however, because it was supposed to print four coupons so I got gypped. But I'm not complaining. Really. I'm not. I'm just grateful to Oprah for feeding us. Thank you, Oprah.

If you haven't printed your coupons it's too late. The offer ended last night. I'm really sorry for you. I gave mine to Daddy-O so he could treat some friends to lunch. He's a generous guy.

Unfortunately, everyone in the house is out of clean clothes, so I have to do laundry today. I don't really mind as I am refreshed from my week of fun. Besides, I don't like to lie to my Aunt every day.


1 comment:

Suzanne said...

The hubster will thank you for this! He is so excited I finally agreed to go to KFC.
Aren't play days the best? I hate them though, because I always want more!

p.s. I about pee'd my pants when I read what your inlaw said about your stitches. Some people!!