Sunday, July 19, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Photobucket

It's been a few weeks since I've participated in Menu Plan Monday. We have been busy at our house and haven't really needed a plan. Besides, it's just the two of us now, which makes meal planning and preparing much easier.

I cleaned out the freezer this weekend and found lots of vegetables and meat I didn't realize I had, so I won't have to do much shopping. That's always good news.

Enough of my babbling on, here's my plan for the week:

Monday:
Pioneer Woman's Lasagna
Green Salad

Tuesday:
Hot Dogs
Pasta Salad
Corn on the cob

Wednesday:
Mahi Mahi
Rice Pilaf
Steamed Asparagus

Thursday:
Dijon Chicken, recipe follows
Crash Hot Potatoes
Steamed Broccoli

Friday:
Taco's
Pinto Beans

Saturday:
Dinner out!

Sunday:
Daddy-O cooks, so he chooses

Dijon Chicken

This recipe came from a local television program called Good Things Utah. We've fixed it a couple times and it is really delicious!

8 chicken legs
4 cups Panko bread crumbs
Dijon mustard, coarse ground
1 tsp of each:
dried tarragon
dried oregano
dried basil
salt
pepper
Dash of cayenne pepper

Coat chicken with mustard. In large ziploc bag, add spices and bread crumbs. Add coated chicken to bad and shake to coat well. Place chicken pieces on sprayed cookie sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Turn the chicken over halfway through baking time.

Note: we use boneless skinless chicken breasts in this recipe and adjust the cooking time.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I have hot dogs on my menu plan too :)

dddiva said...

Yum, I want to try the chicken but with white meat we only eat the breasts.

AudreyO said...

How do you prepare the mahi mahi? I'm always on the lookout for new fish recipes.