Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Catching Up

Photobucket

Surprise! I didn't abandon my blog. I have taken a very long hiatus and I apologize for disappearing without warning.

Summer is a hard time of year for me. My body doesn't react well to hot weather and sunshine. I become somewhat of a cave woman. I never open the blinds and go out as little as possible. Even in the dark, I become depressed and exhausted. Warmth just does that to me.

There is not much to update from the couple weeks I've been missing. I've read several books. I adored But Enough About Me: How A Small Town Girl Went From Shag Carpert To The Red Carpet written my Jancee Dunn. It was very enjoyable. I also read Chosen by a Horse written by Susan Richards. I found it to be very touching and healing in some aspects. Even though they are very different from each other, I would recommend both.

Two weeks from today, Daddy-O and I will be headed to San Diego. I can hardly wait to go! Gus will be graduating from boot camp. I already cry when I think about my baby boy being a United States Marine. I was talking to my older son yesterday and mentioned 100% of my children are in the Marine Corps. He thought that was a dumb thing to say since I only had two children. He's not a mom. He cannot understand.

I realize it's very hot and humid in San Diego this time of year. It will be torture, but I am still very much looking forward to go. Especially because we will be eating at Anthony's! That alone is worth the weather. Please, if you ever find yourself in San Diego, make time to eat at this amazing restaurant.

I am supposed to be at the gym tonight with Daddy-O, my die hard body builder. He gave me the night off as I have been dragging today. I should be resting but couldn't resist the urge to make a long lost but recently found recipe. I will share the recipe with you next week for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, so stay tuned. It's a real keeper.

I suppose I should clean the dishes and get into bed. Thanks sweet friends for still being here and checking in on me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back! I can't believe 100% of your kids are Marines either. When did enough time pass for them to grow up?

YTB!

mistie said...

:) Glad to see you.

Sherra said...

So that means 50% of mine are Army National Guard ;)

I know what a proud mama you are!!

Congrats to your newest Marine!