Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tempt My Tummy and Joe Marrelli

It's Tuesday and you know what that means. It's my favorite day of the week because it's Tempt My Tummy Tuesday! Be sure to visit here to find more incredibly delicious recipes to keep your tummy happy.

When I was in college I had a wonderful friend by the name of Joe Marrelli. Joe was the best friend ever because he cooked for me. His specialty was salmon steaks. Oh gosh. I loved when he'd make that! He also shared this recipe with me. Every time I make it, I think of him. Joe, if you're out there, I'd love to hear from you!

Photobucket

Walnut Bars

Crust:
1¼ cup flour
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 stick butter
½ teaspoon baking powder

Cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles dry meal. Press into well buttered 8x8 inch pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes

Topping:
1¼ cup brown sugar
2 eggs
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon soft butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1½ cup chopped walnuts

With mixer, beat all ingredients (except nuts) until smooth. Stir in nuts and pour over partially baked crust and bake for 25 minutes at 350°. Cool before cutting.

Note: I used pecans instead of walnuts when I made it this time. Daddy-O can't eat walnuts and I didn't want to eat the whole pan of bars myself! It worked just fine.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. Remember to head over to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday for more great recipes. You'll be glad you did.

3 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Oh my goodness. Those look awesome! Thank you for linking up to TMTT. I am glad you enjoy our Tuesdays together!!

Meal Planning with Connie said...

These do look good!! I'll surely give them a try!!

Many blessings!

Emily @ Marvelous Recipes said...

Those look and sound great. My family would definitely enjoy these! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us! :)