Monday, October 19, 2009

Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

Photobucket
It's been so long since I have shared a recipe on Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. It's my favorite day of the week because I find tons of fun new recipes to try. But I feel guilty taking and not sharing so I thought I would finally jump in and share again this week.

I've only made this recipe once, but it is a winner. I like it both because it's quick to put together but also because it's so tasty.

Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
2 eggs
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup peanut butter chips

Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add milk and eggs. Mix well. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Divide mixture into two bowls.
To one bowl,add peanut butter and peanut butter chips. To the second bowl add cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
In greased 9 inch pan, put 8 mounds of chocolate mixture and 8 mounds peanut butter mixture in checkerboard pattern. Use knife to swirl. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until done.

For more awesome recipes be sure to visit Blessed With Grace for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

4 comments:

Mrs. P. said...

Jane...these sound delicious!!

Blessings!
Gail

heartnsoulcooking said...

GREAT!!! brownie recipe. I love anything chocolate and all the added bonuses in this recipe sound YUMMY!!!
I have become a follower of your blog. I love to share recipes. Come by and visit my blog and maybe do the same.
THANKS!!! for the recipe. Geri

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Thanks Jane!!! So glad you joined in with TMTT, this week, and with such a WONDERFUL recipe. Chocolate and peanut butter are my fave!!!!

Brenda said...

My family would love these!