Thursday, December 10, 2009

From The Big Top To Jimmy Kimmel

PhotobucketI seriously think Pee-Wee Herman is the funniest person on earth. Yes. I know he's not a real person, but I don't care. I love him.  So, you can imagine how thrilled I am he's back!

I have a sweet memory of my sister and I staying up late to watch him on David Letterman. We were still young then and Dave was on Late Night, so it was tough for us to keep our eyes opened. But when my sister would belly laugh at something silly Pee-Wee said, it was all worth it.  I always think of that night when I see him.

Now, I know what you're thinking...What about the 'episode' when he was arrested? I have an opinion on that. Are you surprised? I hardly ever share my opinions. HA!  I think the reason Paul Ruebens, the creator of the Pee-Wee character, was arrested was icky. Totally icky. However, he wasn't in character and though his act was disgusting, he was, afterall, in a theater for grown ups. I'm not excusing his behavior but c'mon. Did you see Adam Lambert's display on the AMA's? It was far more disturbing for me than anything Paul Ruebens has done. For one thing, it was on television!! I'm all about individualism and the right to be who you are. But be who you are in private, okay? I don't want to see it, and I don't want my kids to see it either.

Well, there you go. Two opinions for the price of one! HA!  Let's get back to Pee-Wee, shall we? He's paid his dues and I'm thrilled he's back. He's got a live stage comedy show premiering next month in LA. You can read more about it on his website.  He was on Jimmy Kimmel last night. I missed it but found the video on YouTube. (I love the internet. Have I ever mentioned that before?)  Just in case you missed his appearance too,  here it is.  I hope you belly laugh like I did.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... have never really been a fan, but glad he makes you belly laugh and remember good times!

YTB!