Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's The Little Things That Count

I am not divorced yet, but I don't want to hide anymore.  I need my friends and I need to say whats on my mind. Anyone who knows me in real life knows I am not one to keep my thoughts to myself. It's just not how I was made.
I don't want to run you all off by talking about depressing issues. There's not that many of you who bother to stop by as it is. But I realize, I have to be real. The reality is my life is a tad depressing right now. But not every day is bad. I have good days too. So I'll try to write the most on those days.. I'll do my best to keep my bad days to myself.

When I do have a bad day I have discovered a few tricks to lift my spirits.  I thought I'd like to share them in case you need something to make you feel better on a bad day too. We all have them after all.

Photobucket

Like most women, chocolate is my number one mood lifter. Currently, I am addicted to Hershey Bliss Dark Chocolate candies. I have heard dark chocolate is good for the heart, so I'm assuming I can eat as much as I want with no unhappy consequences.  Right?   I do have to say I prefer the dark chocolate Dove candies more, but Hershey's are smaller so there is more, quantity wise in a bag, and that makes me happy.  Thank you Hershey's Bliss.

Photobucket

My second best mood lifter is Skype. I realize I am probably the last person on earth to download and use this program. But I never had the need for it before now. Gus convinced me to give it a try just before Christmas. He was unable to come home, so we opened his gifts via Skype and the internet. I cannot tell you what it means for this mom to be able to see her (baby) boy almost in person! He is so far away, yet tonight I was able to see the huge pimple he has on his forehead. I'm certain he appreciated me bringing attention to it. I miss my boy and being able to not only talk to him but to see him as well is amazing. Thank you Skype. Thank you internet.

Photobucket

Finally, I enjoy playing games on my computer to relax. I get tired of the pre-installed games like solitare and free cell. I have played at Pogo.com and Nabisco. But I came across a game called Little Things. It's a hidden object game from Big Fish games.  It's not free, but it is very inexpensive at only $6.99! I have been playing it constantly for weeks now, trying to better my times. If you need a mindless way to unwind, I highly recommend it.  Thank you Big Fish Games.

I would love to hear how you chase the blues away. It's an every day fight for me right now and I could use any ideas you might have! Oh, and just for the record, I realize I'm not the only person on earth to be struggling. For Heaven's sake, the pictures of Haiti make me hang my head in shame. I still feel sadness and worry, but my gosh, I have a warm bed and food to eat.  I feel very lucky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-)

YTB!

mistie said...

JANE!!!! I've missed you, my friend!

Well, I don't need skype yet - but your other two are definite mood-levelers (I know, not really a word) for me, too. I'm an emotional eater - I admit. Grrrrrr. And, I find myself at the computer (especially games) more than I should. :O)

So glad you are back.