Thursday, February 4, 2010

Felix and 'Oscar'

I've mentioned before there are two foreign exchange boys living at my brothers house with us. I'm being truthful when say they are one of my favorite reasons for living here.

These boys have no idea how much they've helped to heal my heart. They make me laugh every single day. I miss my own sons like crazy but having these two around lessens the pain. I'm positive my heart will break a little when they have to return home in the spring. I can't even think about it!

This is Malte and Felix. Malte is from Sweden and Felix, from Germany. These fabulous pictures were taken during our trip to Scotty's Castle a few weekends ago. It was a long day, but we had a great time.

Photobucket

Malte loves to sing. Constantly. He is one of the most opinionated people ever! But it's funny. I don't care what we're talking about, he has something to say about it.

Photobucket

Felix always has a smile on his face. I have known him for almost five months and I have never seen him angry. He rolls with the punches and is a perfect compliment to Malte.

Photobucket

Malte once told me girls are stupid but boys are great 'because they can do backflips'. I didn't get it, but it made me laugh anyway. Last night Felix sent a text message to me which said 'Dinner was good.' I replied 'thanks.' He then wrote back 'I tried to send you a creepy note. I wish I could have eaten more dinner.' I went out to ask him what he meant when he said he wanted to send a creepy note. He laughed, as he always does, and said he didn't think I would know who was texting me. I wouldn't have but his full name was on the text. So funny.

Photobucket

Felix helps clean the kitchen. Malte doesn't. Felix keeps the bedroom picked up. Malte doesn't. Felix offers to help. Malte doesn't. Felix loves his computer and music. Malte loves Family Guy.

Photobucket

Felix loves pop tarts. Malte loves food.

They're nothing like my own sons...yet they're exactly the same.

2 comments:

mistie said...

How fun that you have these two in your life right now. How brave their own mothers are for sending them around the world! Oh wait, you understand that!! I'm so glad you are posting...

Brenda said...

Exchange students are so much fun to have around. There fresh outlook and view of our culture always makes us laugh. How wonderful to have these two around to keep you laughing and to help keep things in perspective. I always enjoy exchange students.