Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's Up To Phil

Photobucket

Happy Groundhog Day!

In just a few hours, Punxsutawney Phil, the groundhog, will peek out of his hole to look for his shadow. If he sees it we will have six more weeks of winter. But if he doesn't see his shadow then winter will be cut short and spring will be on his way!

From all I've read around blogland, I think it's safe to say if that animal sees his shadow he's in big trouble! It's been a cold, wet winter and most of us have had enough!

I have to be honest, I always cheer when he predicts more winter. It thrills me to have six more weeks of cold and snow. I love spring too, but it is such a short season then dreaded summer comes. Sunshine, heat and I are not friends.

I can't wait to see what happens. But if I had to make a guess, I'd say we're going to need mittens for a bit longer.

On a totally unrelated note, did you watch The Bachelor tonight? I am so serious when I tell you, if you missed it, you need to hurry to ABC and watch it! It just keeps getting better!

Updated: Phil saw his shadow. Six more weeks of winter. I'm game.

No comments: