Saturday, February 6, 2010

What To Do

Photobucket

Lately, I've been trying to decide what my next life step will be. I am torn between getting a job, going to school, or keeping my head in the sand and refusing to accept my reality.

To tell you the truth, the third option is my favorite, however, sooner or later I will have to face either option one or two. Or maybe a combination of the two. Even thinking about it overwhelms me.

I loved being home with my kids. They're grown and gone, yet I'm still just a phone call away. At any time, day or night, they know where to find me and I am instantly avaliable.

I gave up my marriage, my home and my life. But the thought of giving up that connection with my kids pains me the most. This is why, I prefer to keep my head in the sand. The other choices will hamper my availability.

I am old and I really don't care to start over now. But I can't see any other option, so here's the thing. I need help deciding what to do. If I work, I have certain requirements due to my health. I need to sit. I shouldn't work directly with the public and I need to make enough money to support myself. Can you think of any jobs for me yet?

I think what I'd like to do is Medical coding for a hospital. It is a job that would meet all of my requirements. Because I don't have a clue how to do the job, I'd have to go to school. But where? Online or in class? Just school, or work and school? I just don't know!

I have added a poll in my sidebar. Please take time to participate. I am really serious. I need help knowing what to do. I would love to hear any ideas you might have in the comments also.

Thank you so much!

No comments: