Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Randomness

Once in a while as I blog hop, I'll run across a post in which the writer shares random things about themselves. I enjoy reading them so much that I thought I'd do the same thing here. If you'd care to leave something random about yourself in the comments, I'd love that!

Six random things about me:

1. I am terrified to make phone calls. I know many people who don't care to make calls, but I am truly afraid of them. If I have to call someone, first I will take a day or two to psych myself up. I will usually write down what I want to say to begin the conversation and then read it over the phone. I always feel as if I'm bothering whoever it is I'm calling. My brain locks up and I can't remember the words I need to say. On the other hand, if you want to call me, I'd be delighted!

2. I connect with guys more than I do girls. When I was pregnant with each of my sons, I didn't know their sex. I spent the entire pregnancy hoping for boys. I have no idea what I would have done if I'd had a daughter. I wouldn't be able to fix her hair, understand her love of princesses or sew a tutu for her. Dirt, bugs and lame comedies is what I understand.

3. I constantly crave sugar so I hide candy all over the house! Did you know you can perfectly fit three packages of Reese's peanut butter cups in a one pound butter box? When I had my house, I would always keep three boxes of butter in the fridge. The top two boxes actually contained butter, but the bottom one hid candy. I also always have candy in my underwear drawer. When my boys were small I would hide candy in the bathroom too. That way I could have a quick pick me up in those rare moments I made it to the bathroom by myself!

4. The first blog I ever read was on The Tonight Show website. It was written by Ross Mathews. Do you know who he  is? He sometimes does little blips for the show. Last night he was on with a clip from The Oscars. I found him to be hilarious and real. His blog is no longer the same one, and I don't enjoy him as much as I used to. But thanks to him, I am writing this to share with you. Cheers to you Ross!

5.  My favorite beverage is ice water. The colder, the better. I don't care much for soft drinks, fruit juices or coffee. I always choose water, with one exception. With pizza, I have to have root beer. It's a requirement. They just go together. Give it a try sometime.

6.  I love Oreos dipped in water. 

I don't know if I'm hungry or what, but I just realized half of what I shared was about food. Is that normal?  I'm betting it is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oreos dipped in water is just wrong! LOL

YTB!