Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Drive Through Method

Photobucket

A few days ago, I mentioned I was no longer going to live in the past. I am going to stick to that, but it doesn't mean I won't visit once in a while. I hope that's okay.

Earlier, I was reading on usatoday.com, an article titled Tax Day Food Freebies. It lists several restaurants where you can get a free sample, and sometimes full size item today. For instance, Starbucks is giving free coffee. Maggie Moos, Cinnabon and Dairy Queen are handing out free samples. You can bet if I lived anywhere near one of those chains, I'd be at their door first thing in the morning.

Anyway, it reminded me of my best friend from high school, Shelley.  When either of us had a bad day we always did the same thing to make us feel better. We would get into her brown pinstriped Volkswagen bug, turn up the music and head to Main Street.

Once we arrived on Main, we would start at the south end, working our way north, and drive through fast food restaurants, ordering one item from the menu. We would then go to the next restaurant and order one item. We would continue doing this until we had a complete meal, including drinks and dessert. We would always feel better after that!

So I'm thinking, if you live in a place with Maggie Moos, Cinnabon, Dairy Queen and Starbucks you're in luck tomorrow. You could go to each place, get your sample and have a free lunch. I bet it will bring a smile to your face. Especially if your best friend is with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! Let's see, Top Spot, Hermie's, Arctic Circle? What else would have been on main street? Alligator Jaws for dessert from Ron & Chris'?

YTB!