Friday, April 30, 2010

fill in the blank friday

Last week I happened upon something called "fill in the blank friday." Lauren from the little things we do gives a list of questions, then you, or I, or whoever, fills in the blanks. I had great fun reading everyones answers and knew I had to join in this week.

I'm so excited the theme this week is movies. That will make the question answering loads of fun. I'm sure you'll each have your own answers to these questions, so why don't you hop over to Lauren's and join in the fun. I'll see you there!

Ready for my answers? I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat. If you're not, you should be. This is some good stuff.

 My absolute favorite movie of all time is Driving Miss Daisy. I adore this movie. The relationship between Miss Daisy and Hoke is sweet and honest.

 My favorite movie as a child was Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. A river made of chocolate...need I say more?

The best movie quote ever is from Grease 2. Okay, it's probably not the best quote ever, but it's one of my very favorites and I use it a lot. Stephanie is having a hamburger with Micheal and tells him about this guy she saw. She said "Isn't it weird? Not like weird weird, but like exciting weird." I love it because every time I say, "Isn't it weird" or "That was weird" or anything else about weird, I can finish it off with her quote and then I laugh and laugh while the person I talk to looks at me like I'm weird.

My favorite actress is Michele Pfeiffer, strangely enough. Not because she was Stephanie in Grease 2, that's just a coincidence. I think she is an amazing actress. She plays her characters so honestly and intense that I always believe her. I especially loved her in The Deep End of The Ocean, and Dangerous Minds. She was also great in One Fine Day.  My favorite actor is Ed Harris, mostly because I love looking at him. That and because he's brilliant in every role he's had.

The movie I could watch over and over is August Rush. I am enchanted by Freddie Highmore every single time I watch it. The music is amazing and I love, love, love Johnathan Rhys Meyers and Keri Russell. They were both perfect for their roles. Robin Williams creeps me out in this movie. Bravo to him!

My favorite movie genre is drama. I love the struggle and relationships involved in a serious film. I like not knowing the ending before it's even started. I love seeing how others live and think and interact with each other. I want to be drawn into a story, not just entertained.

A movie I'd like to watch this weekend is Everybody's Fine. I'm not even sure if this movie is out on DVD yet, but I can't wait to see it. I've wanted to see it since it was in the theaters at Christmas. It's about relationships, which I mentioned  I love and it has Drew Barrymore ( Love!) and Kate Beckinsale in it as well. If you've already seen it, don't spoil it for me, okay?

If you've enjoyed reading my answers, there's more for you here. Maybe you'll find a title or two to put in your Netflix queue.

4 comments:

A Texas Gal said...

I LOVED Everybodys Fine...kinda sad but really good :) and yeah I dont want to watch a movie this weekend I WANT TO GO OUTSIDE AND LIVE! :) THanks for stopping by!

Simply Me said...

I love the movie Driving Miss Daisy ..it really is one of those classic movies and Everybody's Fine is a good watch too ..
stoppin by from lauren's
happy weekend !!

Lin said...

I'm a huge Michele Pfeiffer fan! I think she was adorable in Grease 2, even if the movie was a bit cheesy, lol.

Stopping by from Lauren's :)

Yani ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶◙ said...

i like August Rush too!!!