Thursday, April 22, 2010

Just Thinkin' About...

The other day, I uploaded a couple dozen favorite pictures of my kids to Facebook. They ranged from baby pictures to some taken within the past year. It's been a blast to look at them. There have been some cute comments and my niece even added a few pictures I didn't have. I don't know how thrilled my boys will be when they get back from wherever they currently are and see their faces plastered all over. I'm sure they'll take some ribbing from the people they work with but I hope not. It's really brightened my day to see those angelic faces again. Well, PJ's angelic face...Gus never had one. He was devil all the way!

My hair is extremely dry and damaged. I've always had really healthy hair so this is stressing me out. I've tried deep conditioning and a leave in conditioner, but it doesn't seem to be helping much. I'm thinking about putting mayonnaise on it tomorrow and see if that works. I read somewhere it's good for your hair. We'll see. Does anyone have any better ideas?

I've gained weight. I would guess I'm about ten pounds heavier now than I was when I moved here in September. It's my own fault. I snack all day. I always have a bag of candy hidden in my closet and when it's gone I get another one. I don't like how I feel anymore so I need to do something before it's too far out of control.

I really want to learn to knit. A neighbor tried to teach me when I was about eleven. Only I'm left handed and it just ended up frustrating both of us.  I am in love with  the beautiful things I've seen knitted on Etsy. I especially love this. And this. When Preston was a baby, Daddy-O's grandma gave him a little pair of slippers she knitted. Maybe they were crocheted. I don't know. But I would love to much to make a pair of slippers like that for each of my grandchildren. If I ever have grandchildren, that is. I wish my boys would hurry up! On second thought, maybe I shouldn't rush them too much, I do need to learn to knit first.

I believe the greatest rock song ever recorded is Jane by Jefferson Starship. For obvious reasons. I truly love it. If you've never heard it, you can click here. But I'm warning you, you'll have 'janie janie janie janie ja-ane' running through your head all day. Hey, it's better than 'it's a small world after all...it's a small world after all..'

I'm in charge of fixing dinner for everyone tomorrow. Since there are so many of us living here now, we are each assigned a night to cook. I think I'll fix one of my family's favorites, teriyaki chicken and fried rice. It's cheap and easy, not to mention delicious. Hopefully everyone will enjoy it. It's kind of funny having all these different cooking styles in the house. You never know what you'll be eating for dinner. We were discussing enchilada's the other night and found we each liked to make them a different way. We finally decided whoever cooks get to choose how they're fixed. I think that's fair.

You'll probably need to be a country music fan to appreciate this. I follow Taylor Swift on Twitter. I think she's cute. Anyway, Sunday afternoon, she sent three tweets, one right after another and they've left me laughing for three days now. I just have to share it. I really hope it doesn't lose it's humor sharing it this way.  Oh wait! I need to give a little background first. The ACM Awards were in Vegas Sunday night so lots of country stars were in town for that. Okay, here are her tweets.  First one "I just drove past Brad Paisley jogging down the side of the road. I rolled down the window and screamed 'RUN FORREST RUN!' I live for..."   (can you see where this is going?)   Second one:  "little moments.."  Third one: "like that."   Okay seriously. That is funny.

I suppose I should hit publish post and get my rear in bed. I have been staying up too late at night, then I can't wake up in the morning. It's a stupid cycle that I should have outgrown by the time I was six months old.  Sadly, I'll probably fight it my whole life...just like my weight and my dry hair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love Taylor! and that was seriously funny of her!

YTB!