Thursday, June 10, 2010

Holy Potato Head, Batman!

Felix left yesterday and Malte, this afternoon. I held it together really well until just before Malte left. His best buddies were over to see him off, and when they formed a  big group hug while each was sobbing, I couldn't hold my tears back! It was the most pitiful sight I've ever seen. Ha! I have a feeling I'm not the only one who didn't want to see him leave.

It is going to be strange without those sweet boys around, but I'm sure I'll adjust and all will be well. I was thinking, I've been doing a lot of whining and complaining the past weeks and I'm ready for a break. So lucky for you, I trying to have a new outlook! Hopefully, it will stick around for a bit.

I had some extra time this morning so I spent it browsing around news websites. I haven't had much chance to listen to the news lately so I was trying catch up. I ended up reading a few silly news stories and wanted to share them with you.
Photobucket


Did you know the Elvis Presley Estate has signed a deal for Hasbro to release an Elvis version of Mr Potato Head?  In August, the jumpsuit clad potato head will be released. If that weren't exciting enough, just in time for Christmas, a second Elvis potato head will hit the shelves. This time he will be sporting black leather. So the question is, old Mr Potato Head or young Mr Potato Head?

The Pittsburgh Penguins are hosting an event today titled the "Student Flush". To make sure everything is working properly, they've asked for 250 students to help by simultaneously flushing all the toilets and urinals in the Penguins, almost completed, new arena, the Consol Energy Center.  In all, there will be 386 flushers including the students and and some construction officials. Geez. I hope everything is working properly... 'cause that will be one big mess if it's not.


Photobucket
Recently, in Melbourne, Australia, 1,245 costumed superheros gathered, attempting to break the record of most superheros gathered at one place. The previous record of 1,091 was set in Britain. The event was held in honor of the release of the first DC comic, 75 years ago.  Is it just me or do superhero's look a lot younger than they used to?

Before I finish for the night I have a question for you. Does my new blog theme load easily when you visit? When I open my blog it takes forever for it to load. It makes me sort of mad, because when I tested it, it worked great. I love it and would hate to lose it, but I don't want it to be irritating all of you. Thanks for your feedback!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog loaded a bit slow, but wasn't really annoying. I like the look of it. Let's hope they flushed 'empty' toilets and urinals, especially if things didn't go down smoothly. . . so to speak!

Have a great day!

YTB!

ShEiLa said...

Can you imagine the water that goes down the drain with that many flushes? So glad I don't pay the bill.

An Elvis Potato Head... I had no idea.

The new design does load slowly... but I like it.

ToOdLeS.