Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Still Sad

It's been a tough weekend for me. I assumed when I moved out of my home and left my life, holidays would be tough for me. But what I didn't know was the less celebrated holidays as Memorial Day would also bring so much loneliness.


Our family never did much on Memorial Day when my boys were growing up. Every few years PJ's birthday would fall on the holiday so we would celebrate his special day. On years that weren't filled with birthday celebrations we sometimes went to my in-laws house for a barbecue. Most often though, it was just a quiet day at home, enjoying Daddy-O's bonus day off. 


I was completely unprepared for how hard this weekend turned out to be. I haven't cried this much since Christmas! I miss my family and there isn't anything I can do about it.  Preston is gone on deployment and I haven't heard from him for a few days. I'm not complaining. I know I'm lucky to hear from him at all.  Gus spent the weekend at a friends house. He did send a picture of a turtle he found. It made me laugh. Ever since he could walk he would find little bugs or animals and I would take pictures of him with them. So this just continued the tradition. 


There wasn't much happening here at the house either. The exchange boys leave in a week so they're trying to pack as much into their days as they can. I don't blame them, but the quiet really got to me. I spent most of the past three days in my bedroom, crying and sleeping. I would have rather been cooking ,eating and visiting. 

I hope your holiday was better than mine. I promise to dry my eyes, get it together and find something more fun to chat about tomorrow.  Thanks for listening though. It's nice to have good friends like all of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry the long weekend hit you so hard. I am sure the quiet can sometimes be too much. I spent a rare 3 day weekend with a cold. Not the best, but took a small road trip Saturday before the cold really hit me hard.

Maybe the next 3-day weekend will be better for both of us!

YTB!