Friday, July 2, 2010

Fill In The Blank Friday

It's been a few weeks since I've been able to participate in Fill In The Blank Friday. I've missed some great questions, but it's okay. I'll live. If you want to play along be sure to visit the little things we do. It's great fun!

This weekend for the 4th of July I'll be hiding in my bedroom. Michele has a lot of family coming. Everyone is so excited to see everyone else. But this isn't my family. I'll be as much fun as I can muster, but I've already warned them, I'll probably hide a lot.

Fireworks are more fun when the kids are small or when you're with the one you love.

Nothing says summer like fresh corn on the cob, homemade ice cream and BLT's made with home grown tomatoes!

My favorite summer memory is being at my grandparents home, playing with cousins, chasing fireflies and laying in the hammock. It was a lazy, wonderful, magical summer.

My favorite thing about summer is fresh vegetables. I truly love all vegetables and they taste so good fresh out of the garden. I have no talent to grow vegetables, so thank goodness for generous neighbors! 

Summer in a word is hot. I know there are good points to summer, but mostly I hate it and can't wait for autumn.

If I could choose to have summer or winter year round I would choose winter. Hands down!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's too soon to be wishing for Winter. How about just wishing for a very active monsoon season! You love rain, right?

Have a great weekend!

YTB!

mistie said...

We put in our first-ever garden this year. wooohooo! We've been enjoying the fruits (or veggies, rather) of our labor, and it has been as much fun as it has been yummy. Wish I was closer, I'd share with you!

ShEiLa said...

I will be hiding too...

not really into huge crowds of people... and fireworks and kids have always scared me.

I am going to play along with [Fill in the blank Friday]

ToOdLeS.