Monday, July 12, 2010

Seven Thumbs Up

Photobucket

Because it was so late when I finally fell asleep last night, I let myself sleep in as late as I could. I was surprised when I opened my eyes, it was after 1pm!  The sleep felt good though and  I woke up feeling surprisingly happy.

Because we didn't have any plans, I chose to be lazy, stay in pajamas and watch movies all afternoon. In my book, it was a perfect Sunday. I'd rented a couple movies from Redbox and needed to get them watched so I could return them before my 24 hours were up. In my opinion, next to Netflix, Redbox is the greatest invention ever! I just love it. No grumpy clerks, no waiting a half hour in line ( at least in my little town) and no paying $5 a night!

I started the marathon with When In Rome. I think I've mentioned before, I am not a person who laughs easily. I smile and say 'that's funny', but this movie had me in stitches. I adored Kristen Bell as Beth. As for Josh Duhamel...let's just say Fergie is one lucky girl. He had a dance scene and  it was as if Rock Hudson himself had come back from the dead.  I admit I re watched it several times.

There were lots of surprises and very funny scenes; my favorite being when they drove the car onto the elevator. Hilarious! If you're looking for a light hearted comedy without all the junk, then I highly recommend it. It was well worth a dollar and two hours of my day.  Two thumbs up!

Next, I watched Dear John. This movie stars Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried  in a story of a soldier who falls for a college student while he's home on leave. I thought the story was touching.  Richard Jenkins, who is a fabulous actor in everything he's done, played John's coin loving, unsocial father. I would like to read the book as I have a feeling it's probably better than the movie was. I didn't feel the depth of the relationships as I would have liked to. But overall, I enjoyed it and again, it was worth a dollar and two hours. One thumb up!

I happened to catch The Sandlot on one of the movie channels this evening. It is one of my all time favorite movies EV-VER. It is funny and warm and has an excellent story. The acting is great and every time I watch it, I'm disappointed when it ends. If you've never seen it, I highly recommend it. It's a great movie for families to watch together.  Two thumbs up!

I just noticed in ten minutes, Under The Tuscan Sun is starting. I need to wrap this up so I can watch. I will pretend I have a beautiful name like Francesca and that I'm brave enough to run off to Italy to buy an old house and learn to live on my own. Then I'll be ready to live happily ev-ver after.  Two thumbs up!

3 comments:

Paula said...

I'm glad you took a day for yourself! I call them "Mental Health Days" We all need them once in a while.
I LOVE Under the "Tuscan Sun" Every woman who's been through trials loves a story where a strong woman overcomes them.

mistie said...

Our neighbor was just telling us about When In Rome. Geeeez. Apparently I am missing out! Redbox here I come.

ShEiLa said...

I LOVE The Sandlot... I own Under the Tuscan Sun(Diane Lane is a favorite of mine) just saw When In Rome and have yet to see Dear John. However, I have read all of Nicholas Sparks books... well all but the last one. I LOVE movie marathons.

ToOdLeS.