Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's Called Karma, Darling

While visiting my sister Becky, back in February, I had a misfortune fall which resulted in a call for an ambulance to take me to the hospital. I couldn't move and we were scared to death I'd done something awful. It turns out it was just a terrible bruise and I healed (mostly) within a couple of weeks.

I remember lying on the stretcher in my Santa pajamas with morning breath, looking as horrible as I felt. I was so embarrassed to be taken out of the house that way. So imagine how mortified I was when I saw a flash go off. I glanced over and saw my beloved sister taking pictures of me!!  She seemed to think she was real funny. Of course, I couldn't help but laugh with her, but secretly I was vowing to get even some day.

I'm happy to report that day came. Just a couple days after arriving at her house she handed me the perfect opportunity to pay her back!  Oh, how it tickles me!

We'd spent the day shopping in Salt Lake City. On the way home, we stopped so she could fill up her car. I was waiting inside the car, minding my own business, when I felt a kick on the door of the car. I looked over and saw Becky trying to get my attention. I jumped out to see what she needed when I noticed it. My crazy sister had her hand stuck in the opening where the receipt is printed.

Photobucket
It looks like she's smiling, but believe me. She's not.

I could tell her hand was swelling and it hurt, so I grabbed my phone to take a picture. Paybacks?  Yes!

We had to have the clerk on duty unlock the the outside of the pump to remove Becky's hand. For a moment I felt bad when I saw how purple and swollen it was. But that soon passed.

I love my little sister.

2 comments:

mistie said...

Aaaaaah sisters! I love it!

ShEiLa said...

very funny story. I have been gone but now I am back and gradually I will get caught up with blogging.

ToOdLeS.