Thursday, September 2, 2010

I Love It ... So You Might Too

Photobucket


I mentioned recently I read about 300 blogs. I decided to check for the actual number today, and found I have just over four hundred in my reader. I was surprised! I would never have guessed there were that many.

If I had a home to care for, or young kids, there would be no way I could keep up with all of them. But at this point in my life, I have nothing but time, so it's not a big deal.

I honestly don't know how I would keep my sanity if I didn't have blogs to read. Maybe when I move to sister's my house, I'll have to whittle the list down a bit as I'm hoping to have a more active life there.

I was thinking about all the funny stories, easy decorating ideas, yummy recipes and travel experiences I've read on these blogs. There are so many interesting people out there sharing whats important to them. I love that. I love how we can make friends without ever leaving home!

I don't have much of value to share right now, but I have 'friends' who visit every day to see whats on my mind. It has been comforting to me during this past year. I wonder how I would've lived through it without the wonder of the internet.

Anyway, since I have all this time, I thought maybe it would be fun to share my favorites with you. Sometimes I'll share be a blog, sometimes a post. It seems such a shame to keep them to myself.

Something you might not know about me, even if you know me personally is I am a girly girl. I've never acted like one because I haven't known how. I dont' know how to do fun things with my hair, or how to put on makeup. I don't know the clothes to buy that will make me look my best. I don't have a style. But I want to. Slowly, with the help of Becky (my sister) I am learning these things and I'm excited about it.

One of my favorite blogs is really a blog within a blog. Vera Sweeney is the founder of I'm Not Obsessed, a celebrity gossip site. I enjoy her site because she keeps it clean. I get offended when I visit most celebrity gossip places.

Vera also writes Lady and the Blog. She shares everything from her personal life, to new products, her favorite recipes, and celebrity fashion. I've learned lots of girly tips from her. But what I love most about her blog is she makes you feel like you're one of her best girlfriends the way she writes. I just love her.

She updates several times a day but each of her posts are short and to the point, so it's not overwhelming. There is such a variety to what she posts, you can just skip over what you're not interested in. I really hope you'll check both of her blogs out.

I love it, so you might too!

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

Blogging is so much fun but I don't cover near the territory you do.

ToOdLeS.