Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lazy Day Chit Chat

Photobucket

I'm not feeling well  today. At the risk of sharing too much information, I have another bladder infection. It's the fifth one I've had this year. For the life of me I cannot figure out what is causing them. Thankfully, the last time I had one the doctor gave me a refill on the antibiotic he prescribed. It was nice to not have to go to the doctor again. 

I watched Letters To Juliet this afternoon.  I was honestly surprised how much I enjoyed it. I loved that the focus of the movie wasn't the usual boy/girl get together then break up then get back together. Instead, it explored all kinds of love. There was parental love, and friendship love and self love as well as the boy and girl getting together kind of love. It was warm and sweet. I'm going to watch it again before I return it to Redbox.

I heard from PJ. He said he's tired of deployment and wants to come home. I started to think about all the men and women in uniform around the world, working and fighting on our behalf. I'm certain they all feel the way my boy does. I would give anything to be able to bring PJ and all the others home today. Instead, I wrote back telling him how proud I was and to hang in there. I just pray he knows even though they just sound like words, I truly feel his frustration. There isn't anything else I can do to soothe him and that frustrates me.

Gus is coming home next week. To him it feels like he hasn't been home forever. In reality, it's only been six months.  He wanted to come and help me move, but couldn't get the right week off. He's coming anyway, and for that I am grateful. I can't wait to hug one of my sons. Like PJ, I'm tired of my own 'deployment' and just want to go home. Since I can't, it's nice to have a little bit of 'home' come to me.

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

Speaking one UTI prone girl to another... I feel your pain. I just had my last one 7.29 and I have several a year. I hope you get feeling better. Mine travel to my kidneys within hours... its awful.

Moving on...
I have wanted to see Letters from Juliet ever since it came out in theaters... and I still have not been able to see it... bad timing.

I feel for your son PJ and all of our military personnel... I wish they could ALL come home.

Enjoy the visit with Gus.

ToOdLeS.