Friday, November 5, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday

Photobucket

Well, we made it through another week, so let's celebrate by filling in blanks, shall we?  It's not only fun, but it's challenging too. So put on those thinking caps and hop over to Lauren's blog to link up!

My last haircut was one week ago. It's the best cut I've had in my life and I hope it never grows out!!

My most daring hair moment was two weeks before my wedding. I let the stylist talk me into cropping my hair over my ears. Even though it was popular at that time, I knew I looked awful.

A hairstyle I'd never be brave enough to try is a super short cut like Halle Berry's. She has a beautiful face with the bone structure to pull it off. I would look plain ole' ugly...even worse than my wedding day!

Photobucket

I always dreamed of being a dark brunette with super straight, thick hair. I would love to shake my head and have my beautiful hair toss like a shampoo model's hair.

My go-to hair do is no fuss. I have no clue what to do with my hair, so I usually just blow it dry and hope for the best.

My biggest hair disaster was when I participated in a hair fashion show. I had agreed to let the stylist do whatever she wanted. Big mistake! She dyed it red and cut it too short. I cried on the runway. The worst part was looking into the audience and seeing my loud mouth neighbor. I knew she was enjoying my pain way too much!

A hairstyle I am dying to try is anything up. I've never once in my life worn my hair in a ponytail, or in an up-do. I am guessing I would hate it, as I wouldn't be used to seeing my ears, but I would still love to try.

My best hair day was probably a day when I was home by myself with no where to go.

The worst hairstyle I ever had was this one:

Photobucket

I had a perm, yet brushed it out every day. What was I thinking?

My hair is thick yet fine. I imagine if I knew what to do with it, I would love it! It can hold a curl or stay straight. It's healthy and shiny. So why do I look so awful most of the time??

7 comments:

monica said...

oh no! right before your wedding you chopped it? you are one gutsy lady

xo
monica

Koree said...

omygoodness! your worst hair style picture is halarious!

Have a great Friday! :)
http://koreeunveiled.blogspot.com/

Amy Rene said...

I'm thinking about getting a perm... so it's good to know not to brush it out!

Amy Rene
{amyrenepowell.blogspot.com}

Ali@LastSplash said...

The 80's were...fun.

Girl, you have got to learn to just say no to stylists!

And mon dieu...NEVER a ponytail? I'm not even sure my family has seen my hair down in the last 3 months!

I like your posts.

ShEiLa said...

I think alot of us regreted the whole perm/brush it era... I know I do. I wasn't sure if the photo was you or me??? ;)

I have never really worn my hair up either. I have been self conscience about my ears... they are not the biggest... but not the smallest either. I have what we call in our family the Heywood ears. Like my G.pa Neil.

Loved reading about your hair moments.

ToOdLeS.

Kattrina said...

Great hair stories!! I didn't really participate this time because my hair is boring. I did chop it all off once - so it was an inch long. It looked really, really horrible though and I never did it again.

I can't believe you haven't ever worn your hair in a ponytail? What would I do without ponytails - it's actually in a ponytail right now! I have a rule that I have to wear it down at least three days a week, otherwise it would always be up.

And say NO to fashion shows and stylists, ok! You'll be safer that way.

Have a great weekend!

my name is lauren. said...

you totally rocked that 80's perm :).

thanks for playing along!

xo
Lauren