Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Seventy Two Questions Later

Photobucket
While reading a few favorite blogs this morning, I ran across this hilarious post by BooMama. She always entertains me with her sweet and funny sense of humor. I love starting the day with her.

She included links for a personality test and explanations for the different types of personalities. I eat that stuff up. When I was in my twenties, a favorite friend and I would take quizzes in the Cosmopolitan magazine each month. I took very seriously the results to such topics as What Kind of Girlfriend Are You? Or, Will You Be Alone For Valentine's Day This Year?

The truth is, I hardly ever had a boyfriend and I was always alone for Valentines Day. I still loathe that holiday. All those red and pink meaningless commercial gifts make me feel unloved and ugly every single February.  But lets get back to the quiz, shall we?

Of course, I immediately went to see what type personality I have. I clicked on the first link and found 72 yes or no questions to answer. I read each one carefully and answered as honestly as I could. Though, a couple of times I had a hard time deciding which way to answer because both answers could apply..

When it was time for the results I found I am a INFJ (Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging). I didn't really understand what it meant, so I clicked on the second link BooMama provided. There, I found a much more detailed explanation of personality type.

When I read through it, I was struck by how well it explains me. I even understand myself a bit better now and you know what? I'm okay!  I'm not weird and unlikeable like I thought I was. I'm just me!

Here are a few highlights:

...INFJs are gentle, caring, complex and highly intuitive individuals. Artistic and creative, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. Only one percent of the population has an INFJ Personality Type, making it the most rare of all the types... 


...INFJs have uncanny insight into people and situations. They get "feelings" about things and intuitively understand them...Consequently, most INFJs are protective of their inner selves, sharing only what they choose to share when they choose to share it. They are deep, complex individuals, who are quite private and typically difficult to understand. INFJs hold back part of themselves, and can be secretive... 


...INFJ is a natural nurturer; patient, devoted and protective. They make loving parents and usually have strong bonds with their offspring. They have high expectations of their children, and push them to be the best that they can be. This can sometimes manifest itself in the INFJ being hard-nosed and stubborn. But generally, children of an INFJ get devoted and sincere parental guidance, combined with deep caring... 

I can't help but wonder what personality type each of my sons are. Or even what Daddy-O is. Maybe it would've helped us communicate better. Sometimes, it's hard to understand what makes the ones you love tick and why they're making things so complicated. But really, it's just that they see the world differently than we do.

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

You nailed it! Perspective and how each of us see things differently is exactly what complicates things.

I love personality tests too... also I love to find out what makes people tick.

ToOdLeS.