Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fill In The Blank Friday

I'm hoping after you read my answers, you'll want to join in the fun yourself. Just pop over to the little things we do and link up!

Giving is one of the greatest joys in life. When you choose the right gift for the right person, it's the best feeling ever!

Receiving is awkward. It's nice to be thought of, and to receive a gift, but I always feel a bit uncomfortable.

The best gift I ever received is an eternity band. Daddy-O gave it to me for Christmas after we'd been married ten years. He got down on his knee and proposed all over again. I was completely surprised and thrilled!! 

The best gift I ever gave is was a trip to Disney World to my boys. Actually, Daddy-O and I surprised the boys on Easter. They never dreamed they would get to go, so they were more than excited. It was so fun!

Something intangible I wish I could receive is a promise my boys will always be safe, happy and healthy.

Something intangible I wish I could give is for my sister. I wish I could give her an afternoon with our dad, who died just after she was born. It's unfair she wasn't able to know him.

The gift I always wanted as a child but never got is a karaoke machine. Okay, they didn't have those when I was a kid, but as an adult I've always wanted one. It's become a joke in my family because I ask for one every year and I'm always disappointed. Perhaps it's because I can't sing. At all. Not even a little bit. But still...

3 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I am seeing a pattern in the entries I have read so far... most of us love giving and have a little trouble receiving.

I hope your wish of safety for your boys becomes a continuous reality... and I love the wish that you have for your sister.

Merry Christmas Jane!!!

ToOdLeS.

Jen said...

Wow, a second proposal!!! That's the sweetest gift!

Tasia said...

I can't even choose one thing to comment on!! This was such a sweet entry.

Your blog is awesome!