Thursday, December 9, 2010

Please Make It Stop!

Photobucket
I love Christmas music and have enjoyed hearing different variations of the same songs as I move from store to store in the mall. I happily hum along as I shop for gifts, listening to lyrics  of snow, fireplaces, bells and other things Holiday.

I am not picky when it comes to Christmas music. I enjoy everything from Bing Crosby's Christmas Classics to Happy Holidays (A Very Special Christmas Album) by Billy Idol. Throw in a little country with Christmas to Christmas by Toby Keith and I'm still happy.

However, there is one song that I cannot stand. Santa Baby. Whenever it's played I immediately become irritable. It makes me want to lay on the floor and throw a tantrum! It doesn't matter who is singing, I hate it. I can't stand the whiny, 'trying too hard to be sexy' tone of the song. It is unbecoming and trashy.

It seems everywhere I go this season, I have to hear it playing.  I can't escape it.  Christmas is seventeen days away. While I'll be sad when it's over, it will be a relief to not have to hear Santa Baby for at least another three hundred days or so.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree with you more and Madonna's version is particularly irritating!!!!!!

YTB!

Anonymous said...

PS I think everyone who has ever sang for a living, successful or not must have recorded "Last Christmas" because I have heard at least 100 different recordings of it, all of them by different artists! Maybe it's because it works for either a male or female singer, but EVERYONE seems to have recorded it! (But I still like it and haven't grown tired of it. . . .yet?)

No seriously. . .Y.T.B!

Brittany said...

You have the Billy Idol christmas cd?!?! Is it awesome? I've had it on my Amazon wish list for years now and never had money when I remember I want to buy it ;)
This year's big song is Last Christmas. I swear there are 4 different recordings on repeat at work!

Brittany said...

hahaha. I just read the comment before mine about Last Christmas. Nice.

ShEiLa said...

I clicked on your blog and all of the sudden... My Grown Up Christmas List was playing. I love that song. I noticed Kelly Clarkson is singing this one but I love Amy Grant's version even more.

I love Santa Baby too... and all Christmas music. I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

ToOdLeS.

ShEiLa said...

ps. I love the winter wonderland feel of your blog. I love snowflakes and the spirit of the season.