Wednesday, December 1, 2010

That Dang Pituitary

Sometimes I don't feel so good. It's not because I'm ill, but because my body chooses not to work for me. I have hypopituitarism, which is a big word to say my pituitary gland doesn't work. I also have mycarditis; another big word but this one means the muscle surrounding my heart caught a virus, causing it to inflame and not let my heart work properly.  I take medications for each of these conditions, but once in a while they don't seem to work.

I wake up tired, even if I've had a good night's sleep. I struggle to get showered, and afterward, I need a nap to recover. Walking downstairs to put the dog out also requires a rest. It's days like this where all I can do is sit. It doesn't matter if I have chores to do, or if I'm going to Disneyland, when I have a 'tired' day, I know I can't fight it. I have to rest.

Today was one of those days. I managed to shower, then I put on my favorite pair of sweats and spent the rest of the day either sitting in my computer chair reading blogs, or laying in bed watching television. Too many days of my life have been spent this way. It's frustrating, but I can't do anything about it.

I'm not complaining. I've learned how to simplify my life to conserve energy, and I know things could always be worse. I just wanted to share another part of me. And, I wanted to explain why sometimes I get quiet. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. But if it isn't then I will again spend the day resting and I may or may not blog. If I disappear, don't worry about me. I'll be back soon.

3 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I totally sympathize... I have days like this. It is more exhaustion after too much pain or a migraine. But I get it and I don't like it either. But what do you do? Accept what life deals you and try to smile.

ToOdLeS.

Sandra said...

And sometimes, let's face it, there's just nothing to say.

Melinda said...

hey jane:) Thanks for commenting on my blog Under My Umbrella. Just wanted to drop by...I hope you are feeling better!