Thursday, February 10, 2011

All I Wanted Was A Bag Of Fries...

Photobucket
                                 freedigitalphotos.net

I have something I've been wanting to get off my chest. Do you remember when I drove to Nevada to see PJ a couple of weekends ago? Well I mentioned it was a bittersweet time, but it had some very difficult moments for me. As soon as PJ left to go into Vegas to see his dad and attend the concert, I knew I wanted to head for home. I decided it was too late to start the long trip because I don't see well enough to drive after dark.

I stayed the night with my brother's family, then first thing in the morning, I loaded up the dog and we headed home. I drove straight through, only stopping to fill the car. It was a long trip and I had a lot of time to think. By the time I got home I was an emotional wreck. I had spent the whole time thinking about every sad or hard moment that had ever happened to me in my very long life. I was barely holding it together, I tell you.

(I'm not sure why I dwell on the sad instead of the good all the time. I'm going to blame it on the country music I listen to. Yeah. That's it).

I put the dog and my things in the house, then because I was alone for the remainder of the weekend, I headed to the grocery store. I wanted to find easy to prepare foods for one. However, I all I ended up buying was a package of chocolate zingers, a king size bag of peanut butter m&ms, and a king size package of mounds. When I got to the car I realized all I had was the junkiest of junk food and I was hungry. I spotted a nearby McDonald and decided to drive through for some real food.

I ordered a cheeseburger, small fry and a hot fudge sundae. Are you seeing a pattern?? I'm not normally plagued with PMS in my post-hysterectomy years, but I think that night was the exception.

Anyway, I paid my three dollars and some change and drove up the street to home. By the time I got into the house with my junk food, I was ready to drown all my sorrows! I decided to start with the french fries. But when I opened the McDonald's bag, the stinkin' dang french fries were not there!!! I was livid!!

I may or may not have said some colorful words my mama would have slapped me for. But dang it! I was hungry and I was sad and I was lonely. I needed those fries in the worst way! I pouted while downing the cheeseburger and then the sundae, all the while contemplating giving Micky D's a jing-a-ling to tell them off.  But anyone who knows me, knows I'm terrified of telephones so I wouldn't call them, and there was no way I was going to drive back down to the restaurant. So I ate the zingers instead.

But here we are almost three weeks later, and I AM STILL MAD! I am sick and tired of paying good money for good food then not receive it. I believe nine times out of ten, when I drive through, I do not get at least one item I paid for. No wonder these fast food companies can build hundreds of locations all over the world. I believe they're all doing it with free money.

To be fair, McDonald's is not the only establishment where this has happened. 

Fast food restaurant's, I am sick to death of this practice. I know you're trying to get ordered food out the window as quickly as possible. But I am asking you to please, just slow down a bit. Triple check the orders that leave and please do not assume because your customers are not returning to complain about missing items that it isn't happening. You are in essence, stealing money and that is not right no matter how you try to justify it.

All I wanted was a bag of fries for crying out loud. Is that so much to ask?

1 comment:

Lin said...

haha, I've so been there! A few weeks ago my MIL went to Taco Bell & all I ordered was a Chalupa...and of course it was the one thing they didnt give her. I was pissed. She ended up calling & they wanted her to go back for it but it just didnt seem worth it. I ended up eating a regular taco but it just wasnt the same, I wanted my Chalupa. I'm sorry you didnt get your fries & you're not alone in feeling frustrated by it, even now :)