Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Back To Being Me

Everyone in the house has been ill for the past week. We've had fevers flare and break, then they'd do it all over again. We were dizzy and nauseous. We had sore throats and painful coughs. It was simply awful.
 
When I opened my eyes this morning I immediately knew I felt better. I started making plans to clean my bedroom, change the sheets, clean the bathroom, do my laundry and vacuum the house. I was so happy to feel normal again.

Isn't it the first thing you want to do when you recover from being sick? The house is always a wreck after that. There are dishes piled up, the bathrooms are yucky and piles seem to form on every flat surface. Everyone else was gone to work or school so I felt like it was my responsibility to do as much as I could to get things back into order.

I got out of bed and danced my way down the hall to the bathroom. By the time I arrived, I realized my list was maybe a bit too long. As much as I wanted to do all the cleaning and laundry, it just wasn't going to happen.  I figured I was feeling good then, but as the day went on I would start to feel tired and maybe a bit weak.

But guess what?  That didn't happen. I was able to accomplish my entire list! It feels so good tonight. There is still more cleaning to do but I'm proud of what I did today. But more than anything, I am happy to be back to being me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've been sick, but glad to have you back!!! YTB!