Friday, March 25, 2011

It's Awful

Photobucket

Trey has been trying to talk his parents into a dog. They say no because he will be leaving the nest soon and they don't want the responsibility right now. So finally, after months of debate, they came to a compromise and last Friday Trey purchased a peach faced parrot. He loves his bird.  He comes home from school every day and immediately gets the bird and puts him on his shoulder and carries him around all day.

This morning, he forgot and left his bedroom door opened when he left for school. I didn't notice, when my dog and I got up for the day. I went into the bathroom and when I came out, well, you can guess what I saw.

I am sick to my stomach about this! I just don't know how I will face Trey when he gets home today.

I am the worst Aunt ever.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh man. Pete did that once to Cody's bird Phoebe. It was the only night Cody has been mad enough at Pete to make him sleep outside all night!
Once, one of our birds died when grandma went out of town so we just went to St. George to get a new one. Well, it was $15 for 1 or $20 for 2. I HAD to get 2! She wouldn't have noticed we let one die if I would have only bought 1... ;) Good luck!

Ryan and Mistie said...

Oh man. So sorry. Sorry for Trey and for you. :O(

Anonymous said...

I don't think it makes you the worst Aunt ever! But I'm sure it isn't easy having to tell him what happened! Will send you an email, soon! Thanks for yours!!!!

YTB!