Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Beauty of a Woman

Photobucket

I adore Audrey Hepburn. I imagine her to be much as her character, Princess Ann, was in Roman Holiday. She seemed elegent and beautiful but also always came across to me as someone who knew how to laugh and have fun. She made everything she did seem effortless.

I mentioned yesterday I went to a Healthy Woman event last week featuring Abby Rike as the speaker. On the back of the program we received was an inspirational message taken from the words of Audrey Hepburn. I thought it was a nice reminder of what's really important, so I wanted to share it with you.

The Beauty of a Woman

"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone.

The beauty of a woman is not the clothes she wears, the figure
she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of
a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway
to her heart, the place where love resides. The beauty of a
woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a woman
is reflected in her soul."

  _ Audrey Hepburn

No comments: