Thursday, April 21, 2011

fill in the blank friday

Photobucket

It's been several weeks since I've participated in fill in the blank friday. I'm delighted to be joining in tonight and I hope you'll do the same. It's loads of fun.

Fridays are not my favorite day. It means the weekend is starting and I don't hear from my guys as much. They tend to have plenty to do on Saturday and Sunday and therefore don't spend as much calling to talk to me. It's lonely. Do you feel sorry for me?

Dryers fruit bars, looking through old family pictures, spending time with my sisters and maple frosted donuts make me terribly happy.

Something that inspires me is spending time with children. It's such a wonderful reminder of what is most important and it also makes me want to make the world a better place so they can grow up in peace and enjoy the childhood they deserve.

If I had the day off I would  (actually I do have the day off) sleep as late as I wanted to, play on my computer for hours and bake something sweet to snack on.

If I had to put a label on my home decor style, I would say my style is warm. Some would say it is country, as I'm drawn to barn wood and rusty hooks, but I don't care for the title country because it reminds me of tole painted wood and gingham. (Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just not my style). Though I like barn wood, I also like to mix it with other styles, making it eclectic, comfortable and welcoming.

Concerning politics I would say I am conservative. I wish our elected leaders would stop their constant bickering and get back to the business of running our country. I long for old fashioned values and the days when the flag and constitution were respected.

I'd like to go to Southern Illinois so I could visit the town where my dad grew up and visit the graves of his family. I know so little about them and it bothers me. Someday, I'll make it there.

2 comments:

Mrs. Biscuit said...

Sleeping in and baking sweet goodies sounds like a perfect day! Oh, and just thinking about maple frosted donuts has me contemplating a late night trip to the kitchen for some sort of sweet snack... I love donuts, it's too bad they don't stay fresh forever or I'd definitely have a stockpile!

Happy Friday! <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

Ryan and Mistie said...

Ry and I have been looking more at family history lately. It's been kinda fun. :O) Watching WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE has spurred the interest.

I love maple too.