Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Wish He Was Here

Photobucket

I thank you for indulging me, as you do every year on this date. Today is PJ's birthday. He is my oldest child and one of my sweetest friends. He's pulled me through some rough times, as I have him. I'm so grateful this child was sent to me. I don't think I could have survived my toughest times without his thoughtful support.

Photobucket

It has been several years since I've been able to celebrate his special day with him. He's been out of the country, or too broke to come home and it kills me to not be able to spoil him as I always used to. I would give anything to pick up his favorite lunch from the local Chinese restaurant. He always ordered C9, extra spicy. (I honestly don't have any idea what dish it was, I just remember the item number on the menu.) Later, I would fix his favorite meal for dinner. He would always ask for green chili burritos. I could count on that, and we would top off the meal with an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. It had to be oreo flavored.

Photobucket

He never asked for much as far as gifts go. He was always happy with whatever he got. I love that about him.

Photobucket

I would give anything to give my boy a big hug today and remind him of all the reasons he means so much to me. I would tell him how proud I am of the person he has become and how much I have loved being his mom.

Photobucket

I haven't seen PJ in more than a year, and while I'm used to these long months of missing him, it just seems like a mom should get to see her son on his birthday!!  Maybe next year.

Happy Birthday PJ. I love you.

2 comments:

Lin said...

Aw...I'm sorry hon. I can't imagine anything worse than wanting to be with a loved one on their special day but not being able to. I'm sure he knows you love him & that you're with him in spirit on his birthday.

Happy Birthday PJ!

Cari Gillespie said...

That sounds like a Hunan order to me. Sorry you can't be with him on his birthday. Wishing you both the best on this special day.