Thursday, June 2, 2011

fill in the blank friday

Photobucket

It's Friday! It's also time to fill in the blanks. Be sure to visit Lauren at the little things to we do to join in the fun.

I love smell good lotions and body washes because I feel pretty and girly all day when I wear them. It's my favorite compliment to be told I smell good.

A time when mama knew best was when she encouraged me to marry my ex husband. Things didn't work out for us, but I learned so much from him. He taught me to love, to let loose and have fun and to think outside the box. I would be a completely different (and boring) person if I hadn't spent twenty years of my life with him.

My first kiss went a little like this:  I was seventeen (don't laugh), it was not only Valentine's Day but the Sweethearts ball at my high school. My date was honestly the best looking guy there and the whole school was jealous. He was a college guy (!) and had driven hours just to take me to the dance. When he took me home, he leaned in and gave me a light kiss on the lips, then a second, very sweet kiss on the corner of my mouth. It was perfect. I floated around for days!  I waited a very long time for that kiss and it was absolutely worth the wait.

Photobucket

My celebrity crush is Tim Daly. I find him to be very attractive. I first loved him when he played Joe Hackett on Wings, but I love him even more now. He definitely gets better with age. I also read he's been married a long time and that makes him even more attractive to me. I love a man who loves his woman.

My splurge of choice is nail polish. Ha! I think I mention nail polish every week when filling in my blanks. But it's true. I never have enough colors and it's fun to try different brands. I can change the color according to my mood, or for an instant pick me up. Besides, well manicured hands are very important.

My biggest accomplishment is raising two United States Marines. That and learning how to make a perfect divinity.

My dance jam of choice is...honestly...I have no idea. If I think of something I'll add it later.

5 comments:

Mrs. Biscuit said...

Nail polish is the best! I honestly feel naked without it! =)

<3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

Ryan and Mistie said...

I loved watching Wings!

And, I wish I could keep nail polish on ... what's the secret to keeping them looking nice?

Sarah said...

Oh man, what a sweet first kiss!

I am following you from Fill in the blanks Friday www.mooseandtater.com

Ashleigh Nichole said...

Aw I love how you can look @ a relationship/ marriage that way. It is a great way to look at it. They way I see it is yea its a loss and a hard when it first happens however I am glad they happen because they taught me many life lessons I would have never known otherwise. I like ur splurge one with nail polish a girl can never have to many of them :)

Lin said...

Smelly good lotions always make me feel girly. I love them but my allergies dont so it's very rare that I do wear them :(

I had the biggest crush on Tim Daly when he was on Wings too! He's not too bad to look at now that he's on Private Practice either. I hope they dont end up killing him off the show though cause he had a heart attack at the end of the season. Not good.