Monday, August 22, 2011

What I Did Over Summer Break

I'm not sure why I disappeared for pretty much the entire summer...I just did. I'm kind of bummed about it too as this blog is an unintentional diary and now I've lost the opportunity to record my summer so I can remember forever.

I've decided to summarize the past several weeks for you...and for me.

* I spent far too much time missing my boys and feeling sorry for myself that they're so far away from me.

* I celebrated my birthday. I was completely spoiled by Becky and family, as well as Gus who happened to be home on leave for my special day. It was a really happy day. Had to say goodbye to Gus that day, and immediately started feeling sorry for myself again.

* Becky and I went to the theater to see the final Harry Potter film . Loved the movie and the company but the highlight was the gooseberry Icee I got at the concession stand. I can't stop thinking about it.

* Developed more UTI's. Ugh! I hate those things. I just wish they'd stop!!

* Had a girls night out with Becky. We had dinner then went to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels at Hale Centre Theater. It was hilarious! I love Hale Theater...they do an amazing job every time.

* Lost three pounds.  (it's better than nothing, right?)

* I watched too much television. But the must see for me this summer was The Glee Project. I truly loved those kids and was delighted when Samuel and Damien co-won. I thought it was the perfect ending ever! I'll probably watch Glee this fall just so I can see my favorite TV kids living their dreams.

* I spent several hours in the ER due to dehydration and violent dizziness. I felt better after getting an IV with medicine for nausea and dizziness. It is believed a brain tumor is causing me to be dizzy but can't find out for sure until I find a way to get an MRI. It stinks to be without insurance.

* I was able to spend three very happy days with my boys. It was the first time I'd seen them together in two years. They've changed so much!

PJ looked great! He is so tanned and fit, but his hair was too long and out of control. He grew it out of spite after all those years of weekend haircuts and inspections. Thankfully, he visited the barber before he left so I could see his sweet face again. It's not a military cut, but close.

Gus wanted to spend every minute he had with his girlfriend. I can understand that. I was thankful for the two days he gave me. He was a little preoccupied with his deployment coming up, but still sweet as ever.

Gus went back to North Carolina Saturday, and PJ left today. Gus is leaving for deployment tomorrow. Hopefully, we'll all get together again when he comes home.

* I am at this moment watching The Bachelor Pad. Please don't judge me, I'm ashamed of myself as it is. I just have to say, I cannot stand Vienna. Gag. I cannot think of a single nice thing to say about her. I wish she would SHUT UP. I don't really feel badly for Kasey, but I think he's going to get burned by Vienna. She will drop and kick him when she's used him up. I can't help but wonder what his mom thinks about this... although she probably lost all hope for him with the 'guard and protect your heart' business. I hope they vote him off soon.

Well, that's it. I think you must be secretly happy I haven't tortured you with such useless nonsense all summer. Am I right? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was about to call and find out what happened to you. Glad you are back!

YTB!

Lin said...

Just realized I missed a couple of your posts...no clue why they didnt show up in my reader?

Anyhow, your summer sounds like it was fun. I'm glad you got to spend time with your boys, even if one of them did want to spend more time with his gf (ah, young love!) haha.

And congratulations on the 3 lbs!