Monday, November 25, 2013

My Best Friends Wedding

 photo bestwedding.jpg I just finished watching My Best Friend's Wedding for the first time ever. I've seen bits and pieces a dozen times before but never, until tonight, have I seen the entire movie start to finish. I'm kinda surprised how much I enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed when Cameron Diaz sang at the karaoke bar. Sadly, it sounded exactly like if I had sang myself.

I love Dermot Mulroney and it's all I'm saying about that.

 photo flipphone.jpg

 But what really struck me were the telephones! Holy cow! Julia Roberts cell phone was as big as a loaf of bread!  I remember when the flip phones like the one she used was so cool!  Honestly, cell phones haven't been around that long, but they've certainly come a long way. I can't imagine tugging that hunk of phone around in my purse. There wouldn't be room for a wallet, or anything else for that matter.

I wonder what they will look like in another fifteen years. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny that cellphones started out huge then got very very small (Razr) and now are getting big again (Samsung Galaxy Note) because they are no longer just a phone but a computer that lets us do more than the first PC's did back in the 80's. One can only imagine where they will evolve to next. But seriously, I don't want a cell phone watch!